Listen as Jay Scott talks with listener Scott Skinner about his upcoming December coues deer hunt in Arizona.
· What is the main difference between a November hunt and a December hunt as far as finding a buck
· What is true “Rut” Behavior vs pre rut
· In Arizona when does the full rut start? Northern units of 8, 6b, 6a, 3c, 1, 27, vs central vs southern or boarders
· In Arizona can you use rattling or gunts to call in a buck during the rut or make a scrape line
· If you put a buck to bed during the rut at last light will he still be in the same general area come first light
· How far will a buck travel out of home range during the rut for Arizona hunt pre rut travel
· How much bedding will they do during the rut, will they bed more in oct or will they just stay on the move
· Weather effect for the rut, cold, Wind
· Moon and movement do deer really move more during “Major Movement” times and how does moon effect the rut
· How to hunt areas that are not glassable during the rut
· How often do Coues deer need to water in oct, nov. and dec hunts? Do they water mostly at night?
· How much do Coues deer need a full-time water source such as a tank or spring or creek or can they get enough moisture out of the humidity and the food they eat
· How does Coues deer hunting (tactics, deer behavior in Northern AZ differ from Southern AZ)?
Sponsors of the JSO Podcast
goHUNT.com/Insider Sign UP for 30 day FREE Trial of goHUNT INSIDER www.goHunt.com/JayScott
http://www.kuiu.com/ or http://www.kuiu.com/blog/
http://www.phoneskope.com/ Use "jayscott16" promo code to get 10% off all products
http://outdoorsmans.com/ Use "jayscott" promo code to get 10% off all Outdoorsmans Products
More on host Jay Scott